Directions - Click on the position below, open the document online, make a copy and fill out the application, then email a copy to Lori Edwards - LEdwards@mansfieldschool.net, please place "substitute teacher" in the subject line.
Or print and fill out the application, then turn it in to Lori Edwards in the central office.
- Substitute teacher <-- Click here for application
Substitute Information 2019-2020
Welcome to Mansfield Schools! We appreciate your interest in our district.
An application must be completed for both the Missouri Department of Education and Mansfield Schools.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER REQUIREMENTS
- In order to substitute at Mansfield Schools you must have a substitute certificate with the state of Missouri, through DESE. Successful completion of 60 college credit hours, from an accredited college, is required to substitute teach (classroom and/or paraprofessional).
Your DESE checklist will include:
- Fill out DESE substitute certificate application https://dese.mo.gov/educator-quality/certification/substitute-teachers
- Original copies of ALL transcripts to: Educator Certification; P.O. Box 480; Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480. Please make sure they are marked as “Substitute” and include your social security number or educator I.D. (received when completed DESE application).
- FBI/Highway Patrol Background Check Procedures: https://www.machs.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MACHSFP/home.html
- The 4 digit fingerprinting code for classroom substituting in Mansfield is 2205.
- After completing the application process with DESE, you will need to apply with each school district in which you would like to work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT The Mansfield R-IV School District is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of this district to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, socioeconomic status, marital status, sex, age, disability or memberships in legally constituted organizations, to the extent required by law. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, election, placement, training, assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits and termination. The Board is an equal opportunity employer.