Monday, December 9, 2019
Dec. 2 – 13 SCHEDULE CHANGES for 2nd semester electives (forms available in m.s. office)
Dec. 11 – 100% club application forms available!
Dec. 12 - HS choir caroling through the halls 9:00 - 10:00
Dec. 13 - LAST DAY FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS!
Dec. 13 - Attendance appeals due (for students who have missed more than 9 days this year)
Dec. 19 – 100% club trip (movie and bowling)
Dec. 20 – dismiss @ 1:00
Dec. 23 – Jan. 3 Christmas break
Jan 6 - classes resume / 2nd semester begins
Jan. 10 - grade cards to students
Monday, 12/9 chicken & gravy, mashed potatoes, peas, bread stick, fruit, milk
Tuesday, 12/10 burrito, refried beans, fruit, milk
Wed., 12/11 beef fingers, mac & cheese, salad, fruit, milk
Thursday, 12/12 cashew chicken, brown rice, egg rolls, broccoli, fruit, milk
Friday, 12/13 pepperoni pizza, carrots, fruit, milk
LUNCH CARD INFO
- Students - do not cover up, color over, or cut off your picture on your lunch cards! Do not alter them in any way!
- Fee to have a new lunch card made is $5.
SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR 2ND SEMESTER
Middle school students wanting to change their elective classes for 2nd semester may fill out a request form in the office Dec. 2 – Dec. 13. We will let you know if your request has been granted!
NO REQUEST FOR CHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEC. 13 DEADLINE!
100% CLUB INFORMATION
The 2nd quarter 100% club will take a trip to Fun City in Mtn. Grove on Thursday, Dec. 19.
Cost for this trip will be $14 and includes:
· Movie – Jumanji 2, rated pg 13 (with small popcorn and drink)
· Bowling – 2 hours
We will go to McDonald’s for lunch after the movie (students will need to bring money for lunch as this is not included in trip cost).
*To qualify for 100% club, students are required to turn in all assignments on time and no ISS, OSS or ASD for 2nd quarter.
100% CLUB INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Get your 100% club application form in the office on Wed., Dec.11th
2. Get you teachers’ signatures and return completed form to the office quickly! (Subs cannot sign)
3. You will then get a parent permission slip to take home.
4. Bring back your signed parent permission slip and $14 to the office by Wed., Dec. 18 or sooner!
MIDDLE SCHOOL DRESS-UP DAYS!
Monday 12/16 – Red, Green, and White Day
Tuesday 12/17- Favorite Christmas Character Day
Wednesday 12/18 - Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
Thursday 12/19 - Christmas Socks Day
Friday 12/20 - Christmas Morning
Students, when you are absent from school, you need to follow this procedure when you return:
- Check in with the office before you go to class upon arrival at school.
- Bring a note from a parent or doctor/dentist slip, etc. or parent may call the office.
- Get your absentee slip from Ms. Brenda before going to class.
Remember that we have a strict attendance policy. . . check your student handbook for more info.
A word from the Library . . .
Students, this is a friendly reminder that library books require special care.
- Keep books away from food, liquids, pets, and anything else that might damage your book.
- You will have to pay to replace damaged books, so please take extra care to keep them in good shape!
TUTORING SCHEDULE – 3:40 p.m. – 4:40 p.m.
Mrs. Gray – as posted in class
Mrs. Snow – Tuesday, Thursday, or by appointment
Mrs. Garrison – Monday or by appointment
COLLECTING POP TABS!
We collect pop tabs to help Ronald McDonald House. Drop them off at the MS office – 50# collected already this school year!
SCHOOL ACCIDENT INSURANCE INFO:
To purchase school accident insurance contact Markel Insurance Company by calling 877-444-5014 or online @ http://markel.sevencorners.com.