Monday, February 17, 2020
Feb. 17 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
Feb. 18 – MS track meeting – TEE time
Mar. 6 – end of 3rd quarter
Mar. 8 – daylight saving time begins (spring forward)
Mar. 10 – primary elections
Mar. 11 – 7th grade trip to Jefferson City (see Mrs. Moody for more info)
Mar. 13 – NO SCHOOL
Mar. 20 – 100% Club trip to 1984 Arcade & CiCi’s pizza
Mar. 27 – NO SCHOOL
Monday, 2/17 NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, 2/18 corn dog, baked beans, corn, fruit, milk
Wed., 2/19 beef stroganoff, green beans, fruit, milk
Thursday, 2/20 cashew chicken, brown rice, egg rolls, broccoli, fruit, milk
Friday, 2/21 frito pie, carrots, fruit, milk
LUNCH CARD INFO
- Students - do not cover up, color over, or cut off your picture on your lunch cards! Do not alter them in any way!
- Fee to have a new lunch card made is $5.
MS TRACK & FIELD MEETING
Any 7th or 8th grade student interested in track & field will need to meet in Coach Christian Gray’s room promptly at the beginning of TEE time (12:21 p.m.) on Tuesday, Feb. 18th.
100% CLUB TRIP is scheduled for Friday, March 20th to 1984 Arcade and CiCi’s Pizza.
Get your 3rd quarter assignments turned in on time, and stay out of detention this quarter so that you can qualify for this trip!!! More information later.
8TH GRADE GRADUATION INFO
· 8th grade graduation date: Tuesday, May 5 @ 6:00 p.m.
· Cap & gown cost: $32 (cash or checks made payable to school by April 24)
Students, when you are absent from school, you need to follow this procedure when you return:
- Check in with the office before you go to class upon arrival at school.
- Bring a note from a parent or doctor/dentist slip, etc. or parent may call the office.
- Get your absentee slip from Ms. Brenda before going to class.
Remember that we have a strict attendance policy. . . check your student handbook for more info.
A word from the Library . . .
Students, this is a friendly reminder that library books require special care.
- Keep books away from food, liquids, pets, and anything else that might damage your book.
- You will have to pay to replace damaged books, so please take extra care to keep them in good shape!
TUTORING SCHEDULE – 3:40 p.m. – 4:40 p.m.
Mrs. Gray – as posted in class
Mrs. Snow – Tuesday, Thursday, or by appointment
Mrs. Garrison – Monday or by appointment
COLLECTING POP TABS!
We collect pop tabs to help Ronald McDonald House. Drop them off at the MS office – 60# collected so far this school year!
SCHOOL ACCIDENT INSURANCE INFO:
To purchase school accident insurance contact Markel Insurance Company by calling 877-444-5014 or online @ http://markel.sevencorners.com.